Healthy pancakes? What?
These can be a little heavier that normal pancakes, but much better for you. Feel free to play around with the quantities of milk and eggs to get a consistency that you’re happy with, but make sure not to make the batter two thin, otherwise they won’t work at all. I made that mistake whilst trying to work out this recipe – had to throw away a whole batch!
- 2 free range medium eggs
- 1 scoop of PhD Nutrition Diet Whey Meal Replacement Powder
- 50ml whole milk (4% fat)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- your choice of frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon of 0% fat greek style natural yoghurt
- 5g honey
- Whisk the eggs, protein powder, whole milk and cinnamon in a bowl into a smooth batter.
- Heal a non-stick pan to a high heat. Add an amount of mixture to make the size of pancake desired.
- When small holes start to form in the batter, flip the pancake and cook for another 30seconds to a minute, or until cooked.
- Add berries, yoghurt and honey to the pancakes and serve.