Chicken breasts, mango and lime. What’s not to love?
Chicken breasts are really easy to cook in bulk. Try this recipe and make lunches your co-workers will be jealous of.
INGREDIENTS (makes 2)
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts (around 210g each)
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 10 baby plum tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 500g of cabbage (any type – I used a pre-sliced medley)
- 2 teaspoons of dried chilli flakes
- 1 fresh mango
- 1 lime
- sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Oven-bake the chicken breasts with the smoked paprika (CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW).
- Steam the sliced cabbage for around 10-15mins or until tender. A quick method (if you don’t want to use the hob) is to fill a pyrex dish with the cabbage and a couple of tablespoons of water, cover tightly with cling film and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Slice the mango into cubes and set aside in a bowl. Dress with half the lime and the chilli flakes.
- Place the steamed cabbage in the middle of a plate and pour over the balsamic vinegar. Add the dressed mango and the baby plum tomatoes. Slice the cooked chicken breast and place on top.
- Season with salt and pepper to finish.
NB. If you are making lunches to keep in the fridge, only squeeze a quarter of the lime over the mango to stop it browning and save a quarter of the lime to use just before eating.