Cheese and BBQ sauce always feels so unhealthy – but it doesn’t have to be!
Hunter’s chicken is usually chicken breast wrapped in bacon, topped with melted cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce. No bacon in this one, but feel free to add it in!
PRO TIP – use a strong cheddar cheese, that way you don’t have to use as much of it.
- 1 large skinless chicken breast (around 210g)
- cajun seasoning
- mature cheddar cheese (1 slice – 20g)
- 1 spring onion/scallion, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 10ml Reggae Reggae BBQ sauce (any BBQ sauce will do)
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- roughly chopped coriander/cilantro
- sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper
- Oven-bake the chicken breast with the cajun seasoning (CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW).
- Sweat the diced onion on a medium heat in a non-stick frying pan with a smidge of rapeseed/canola oil (the better the non-stick the less oil you will need). Stir regularly. After about 10-15 minutes when softened and almost done, add the balsamic vinegar, stir and cook for another couple of minutes. Take the pan off the heat.
- Add a slice of the mature cheddar cheese on top of the chicken breast for the last few minutes of cooking time in the oven until is has melted.
- Plate the cooked onion and halved tomatoes. Top with half the sliced spring onion/scallion. Add the chicken breast and top with the rest of the spring onion/scallion.
- Pour the BBQ sauce on top, season with salt and pepper, and finish with the chopped coriander/cilantro.