This has been my favourite recipe so far.
Feel free to switch out the rump steak for chicken breast if you’re that way inclined!
INGREDIENTS (makes 2)
- 2 rump steaks (170g each)
- shavings of parmesan cheese (16g)
- 1 spring onion/scallion, sliced
- 2 large onions, diced (450g)
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 handfuls of rocket/arugula
- 20ml Reggae Reggae BBQ sauce (any BBQ sauce will do)
- half a red chilli, thinly sliced
- OPTIONAL = 50g of cooked beetroot quinoa (can swap for regular quinoa)
- 2 tablespoons of crème fraîche
- sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper
- Sweat the diced onion on a medium heat in a non-stick frying pan with a smidge of rapeseed/canola oil (the better the non-stick the less oil you will need). Stir regularly. After about 10-15 minutes when softened and almost done, add the balsamic vinegar, stir and cook for another couple of minutes. Transfer the cooked onions into a pyrex bowl and whilst still hot, mix with the rocket/arugula.
- Cook the rump steaks until medium-rare. (CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW).
- Divide the onion and rocket/arugula mix onto two plates and scatter half the beetroot quinoa over each (I purchased a pre-made pack, but feel free to cook your own).
- Slice the steaks when rested and place on top.
- Finish with the parmesan cheese, spring onion/scallion, crème fraîche, fresh chilli and the BBQ sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.