Cod has an amazing protein per calorie ratio. Mix it with mango, kale, garlic and bacon and you have a winner.
- 1 skinless cod fillet (140g)
- 1 rasher of smoked streaky bacon
- 50g curly kale
- 2 cloves of garlic
- half a lemon
- 20g of cooked king prawns
- 20g of diced mango
- 2 vine cherry tomatoes, sliced
- sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan or 392°F).
- Steam the kale for 10 minutes.
- Dice the garlic and fry in a pan for 3 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Season the cod fillet with salt. Place a non-stick, ovenproof pan over a medium-high heat and add a small dash of vegetable oil (rapeseed/canola). Once the oil is hot, pan-fry the cod fillet for 2 minutes, then transfer to the oven and cook for 5 minutes. If you don’t have an overproof pan just transfer the fish from the frying pan to a oven tray lined with tin foil.
- Add the steamed kale and fried garlic to a blender with a cup of water and the juice of half a lemon. Blitz until a rough purée. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry the rasher of bacon until crispy and the prawns until they gain some colour.
- Plate the kale purée and place the cod fillet on top. Add the sliced tomatoes and the prawns.
- Add the bacon rasher and mango on top of the cod fillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.