Quick and easy with only 5 ingredients, and also fits a ketogenic diet. The pesto is naughty calorie-wise but makes the dish a winner.
- New York strip steak (170g)
- basil pesto (30g)
- baby plum tomatoes (90g)
- cooked large king prawns (60g)
- 1/4 of an avocado
- sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper
- Cook the strip steak until medium-rare. (CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW). After the steak has been removed from the pan, add the cooked prawns for 5 minutes to warm them up and also give them some colour.
- Roughly chunk the avocado and slice the tomatoes in half. Mix in a bowl with the pesto. Plate.
- Slice the steaks when rested and place on top.
- Finish with the prawns.
- Season with salt and pepper.